Resources for Getting Started
Developers can help publishers create and add content or, on the back end, leverage Learning Registry content to build innovative tools and apps–or they can do both (in fact, we would encourage doing both!). Get started using the resources below.
1) Dive In: The Learning Registry Documentation
This document will get you rolling with creating, uploading, downloading, and verifying envelopes in and out of Learning Registry server. This tutorial should work on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X machines. Available here: http://docs.learningregistry.org/en/latest/start/20min.html
2) Go Deep: Take Your Knowledge of the Learning Registry to the Next Level
These documents will help you to maximize your use of the Learning Registry.
- Canonical Examples – Examples of using the Learning Registry for alignment, ratings, endorsement, and other data (browser plugin like JSONView is recommended).
- Sandbox – Try integrating with the service APIs.
- Developer Wiki – Community hub for developer information, including instructions for getting started, getting help, and sharing information about the Learning Registry.
- Technical Specification – Specifies the network model, data models and APIs.
- Source Code – Access code repositories on GitHub.
3) Subscribe to our Developer Mailing List
We strongly encourage developers to sign up for the developer mailing list @ email@example.com You can reach Learning Registry developers using this list and post your technical questions for quick response!
4) Participate in our Open Discussion Calls for Developers
We have monthly developer calls which are open to the public. All developers are most welcome to attend. Bring your questions!
The first Wednesday each month, 3pm – 4pm, Eastern
to connect: https://www.uberconference.com/learningregistry
5) Need Help?
- We strongly encourage you to take advantage of the expert team of developers working on the Learning Registry. You can e-mail the developers list with any and all questions here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We also encourage you to join the bi-weekly Learning Registry developer calls (see above and in News & Events)
- Report a bug
Learning Registry Nodes
Public Production Nodes
#GoOpen Production Node